There are many laptops on the market that claim to be the best laptops for the Cricut design space. But which one is really the best?
To help you make your decision, we’ve put together a list of the best laptops for the Cricut design space, based on their specs, reviews, and price.
Read on to get you cleared!
Best Laptops For Cricut Design Space
Laptops are an important part of any Cricut designer’s toolkit. Not only do they provide a mobile workstation that can be used anywhere, but they also come with features and specifications that are perfect for Cricut design.
When it comes to laptops for Cricut design, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
First, you’ll need a powerful processor and plenty of RAM to handle large design files. Second, a high-resolution screen is a must for seeing your designs clearly.
Third, a large hard drive will come in handy for storing all your design files. And finally, a robust graphics card is essential for rendering complex designs.
With that in mind, here are the best laptops for Cricut design space:
01. The Best Laptop For Cricut Design Space – Dell XPS 15:
- 15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Touchscreen Display [UHD], 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H at 2.60 GHz Processor (9MB Cache, up to 4.50 GHz)
- Backlit Keyboard, 1TB PCIe Solid State Drive
- 32GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
- Killer 1535 Wireless-AC 2x2 WLAN + Bluetooth 4.2, Stereo Speakers with MaxxAudio, 1x USB-C with Thunderbolt 3, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Headset Jack
- Integrated Widescreen HD 720P Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone Array (No Optical Drive), Windows 10 Pro 64bit English
The Dell XPS 15 is one of the best laptops you can buy, providing excellent performance, a beautiful display and great build quality.
You can configure it with up to an 11th-generation Intel processor and the latest Nvidia RTX 3050 or 3050 Ti graphics cards, though integrated Intel UHD graphics is also an option for anyone looking to save some cash.
You also have a choice of displays, including an OLED panel if you really have the cash to burn, providing vivid colours and accurate black tones.
Plus, the Dell XPS 15 has amazing battery life, meaning you can work on your projects for longer without having to worry about recharging.
– Processor: Up to 11th-generation Intel Core i7
– Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 (integrated Intel UHD graphics option available)
– Display: 15.6-inch, 1920 x 1080 / 3,840 x 2,400 (OLED panel option available)
– Storage: 512GB / 1TB / 2TB SSD
– RAM: 8GB / 16GB / 32GB DDR4
– Connectivity: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, USB-C port, SD card reader, audio jack
– Battery life: Up to 11 hours
– Dimensions: 14.1 x 9.3 x 0.8 inches / 35.8 x 23.7 x 2 cm
02. The Best 2-In-1 Laptop For Cricut Design – HP Pavilion X360:
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE – With its thin and light design, 6.5 millimeter micro-edge bezel display, and 82% screen to body ratio, you can take this PC anywhere and see more of what you love (1).
- REVOLUTIONARY ENTERTAINMENT – Enjoy ultra-wide viewing angles and seamlessly perform multi-monitor set-ups with a 15.6-inch, Full HD, IPS, micro-edge, and anti-glare display (2).
- IMPRESSIVE GRAPHICS – The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a new level of performance with crisp, stunning visuals, plus the convenience of a thin and light laptop (3).
- UNSTOPPABLE PERFORMANCE – Get things done fast with the 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor, which delivers instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity (4).
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage and experience improved multitasking with higher bandwidth thanks to 8 GB of RAM (5).
As an artist, you need a device that can keep up with your creative demands. The HP Pavilion x360 is a 2-in-1 laptop that can handle all of your Cricut needs.
With a powerful Intel Iris XE Graphics chip and a 15.6-inch 1080p touch screen display, the x360 can help you create stunning works of art.
The laptop also has a good battery life, so you can work on your projects for hours without having to worry about recharging. And if you’re new to Cricut, the x360 is user friendly, so you can get started right away.
The HP Pavilion x360 has the following specs:
– Processor: Intel Core i5-1135G7
– Operating system: Windows 10 / Windows 11
– Display: 14-inch, 1920 x 1080
– Graphics: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
– Memory: 8 GB of RAM
– Storage: 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
– Connectivity: USB Type-C, DisplayPort, 2x USB Type-A, HDMI, audio jack
– Wireless: Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2×2), Bluetooth 5 combo
03. The Best Versatile Laptop For Cricut – Newest HP Pavilion Laptop:
- 【Memory & Storage】The PC memory has been upgraded to 32GB DDR4 SDRAM for enhanced high bandwidth to easily switch back and forth between open applications; Hard drive has been upgraded to 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD for fast boot up and speedy data transfer
- 【Processor】 Intel Core i7-1255U Processor (10 Cores, 12 Threads, 12MB Cache, Base 1.70GHz up to 4.7GHz Max Turbo Frequency), Intel Iris Xe Graphics with Shared Graphics Memory
- 【Screen】15.6" Touchscreen IPS Micro-Edge BrightView FHD (1920 x 1080) 250-Nits Display
- 【Tech Specs】1x SuperSpeed USB Type-C (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge), 2x SuperSpeed USB Type-A, 1x HDMI 2.1, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combination Jack
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home
The HP Pavilion 15 is one of the best versatile laptops for Cricut. Packed with an 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor that even features Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
A 15.6-inch Full HD touch screen display will make everything from your latest Cricut project to your favourite movie you stream at the end of the day look its best.
While the battery life is eight hours, the HP Fast Charge feature will let you charge the laptop quickly and easily. If you’re just starting your career in Cricut, the HP Pavilion 15 is a perfect option.
– Processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1195G7 2.90GHz Quad-Core
– Memory: 32GB high-bandwidth RAM
– Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
– Screen: 15.6″ Full HD BrightView Micro-edge WLED-backlit Touchscreen (1920 x 1080)
– Operating System: Windows 10 Home
– Dimensions: 14.24″ x 9.67″ x 0.71″ (36.2 cm x 24.6 cm x 1.8 cm)
– Graphics Coprocessor: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
– Connectivity: 2x USB, 1x USB Type-C, HDMI, Audio jack
– Battery Life: 8 hours
– Ports: 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 3.2 Type-C, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack; Intel Wi-Fi 6 Wireless-AX + Bluetooth 5.0 Combo
04. The Best Hybrid Laptop For Cricut Design Space – Microsoft Surface Book 3:
- Most powerful Surface laptop yet, with quad-core powered, 10th Gen Intel Core processors. More than 50% faster than Surface Book 2 13.5”.
- Power when you need it. Up to 15.5 hours battery life  — plus improved standby that extends battery life when you’re away.
- The connections you need, including USB-A, USB-C, and full-size SD card slot.
- High-resolution PixelSense touchscreen display. Also available in 15”.
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below).
The Microsoft Surface Book 3 is a great device for anyone who wants the power of a laptop with the convenience of a tablet. It’s loaded with features that make it perfect for cricut design.
The Surface Book 3 is one of the most popular laptops for cricut design space due to its hybrid functionality. It has a 10th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, 8-32GB RAM, and 256GB-1TB storage.
The 13.5-inch screen has a resolution of 3000×2000. There are two USB-A ports which make it easy to connect your Cricut machine. It’s a bit pricey, but if you need ample power and storage and flexibility of a 2-in-1 device, it’s worth the investment.
– Processor: 10th generation Intel Core i5 or i7
– RAM: 8-32GB
– Storage: 256GB-1TB
– Screen size: 13.5 inches
– Resolution: 3000×2000
– Ports: 2 USB-A ports
– Touchscreen: Yes
– Connectivity: 1 x USB-C, audio jack, 2 x Surface Connect ports, SDXC card reader
– Dimensions: 12.3 x 9.14 x 0.51-0.90 inches (312 x 232 x 13-23 mm)
05. The Best Value Macbook For Cricut Makers – Apple MacBook Air Laptop:
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
The MacBook Air is a powerful and portable laptop from Apple. It is a great laptop for cricut design work, thanks to its M1 processor, 8-core CPU, 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD.
The beautiful 13.3-inch Retina display is perfect for editing or browsing, and the fanless design ensures quiet operation.
15 hours of battery life ensures you can spend all day working on your designs. Overall, the MacBook Air is a great choice for those looking for a fast and lightweight laptop.
– Processor: Apple M1 processor, 8-core CPU
– Memory: 8GB of unified memory
– Storage: 256GB SSD
– Display: 13.3-inch Retina display
– Connectivity: 2 x Thunderbolt 4 / USB-C ports
– Battery life: 15 hours
– Operating system: macOS Big Sur
– Special Feature: Portable
– Graphics Card Description: Integrated
06. The Best Value Windows Laptop For Cricut Makers – ASUS VivoBook 15:
- 【11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 】3 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, The 11th gen dual-core laptop brings the perfect combination of features to make you unstoppable. This is an ideal home office laptop to get things done fast with high performance, instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity. Intel UHD Graphics.
- 【15.6" Full HD touch screen for hands-on control】Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 10. The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity with Wide Viewing angles display. With Fingerprint Reader.
- 【Upgrade to 12GB system memory for advanced multitasking】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 【Upgrade to 512GB SSD Storage】Boot up in seconds, get to files faster, and have room for loads of files with the lightning-quick solid state drive.
- You can get out of windows 10 S mode to Windows 10 home. Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available.
Asus takes laptop innovation to the next level and even fulfils diverse laptop requirements for Cricut machines and Cricut’s proprietary Design Space.
The quad-core processor is perfectly complemented by the Integrated AMD Radeon Vega 10 graphics card.
Coming to the storage, there is a 512GB SSD unit in place, which readily adheres to the Cricut Explore Air 2 requirements.
Furthermore, the 15.6-inch screen is one of the better features associated with this Cricut-compatible laptop.
The excellent spread of Type-A, Type-C, and HDMI ports followed by Wi-Fi 5 standard make it one of the better options for Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, and almost every other machine.
Overall, if you seek the best laptop for Cricut Explore Air, Cricut Maker, or any other machine that concerns vinyl cutting and other crafting solutions, the Thin and Portable Asus VivoBook 15 is the best option to invest in.
– Storage: 512 GB
– CPU Model: Ryzen 7 3700U
– CPU Speed: 4Hz
– RAM: 8 GB
– Operating System: Windows 10 Home
– Graphics Coprocessor: AMD Radeon RX Vega 10
– Card Description: Dedicated
– Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U
– Battery: 3 cell battery, up to 6 hours of life
– Ports and Connectivity: 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type C, 2 x USB 3.2 Type A, WiFi 5 (802.11ac), Bluetooth 4.1
07. A Cheaper Option For Cricut Design Space – Acer Aspire 5:
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
Acer Aspire 5 is one of the Best laptops for the Cricut design space. It is a great option for those looking for an affordable option with good performance.
It has a beautiful display and all-day battery life. However, its design is a bit dated, and it doesn’t have USB-C charging.
Nevertheless, Acer Aspire 5 is still a great choice for those looking for the Best laptop for Cricut design space.
– Processor: 11th generation Intel Core i5 / Intel Core i7 OR AMD Ryzen 5
– RAM: 4 GB
– Hard Disk Size: 128 GB
– Graphics Coprocessor: AMD Radeon Vega 3
– Connectivity: USB-C, 3x USB-A, HDMI, audio jack
– Display: 15.6-inch, 1920 x 1080
– Card Description: Integrated
– Battery Life: Up to 12.5 hours
– Operating System: Windows 10 in S mode
– CPU Model: Ryzen 3 3200U
08. The Best Budget Laptop For Cricut Design – Lenovo IdeaPad 3i:
- 【Memory & Storage】Memory is 8GB of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is 128GB PCIe Solid State Drive which allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Dual-Core 3.0GHz Processor (6MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 4.10GHz) Intel UHD Graphics
- 【Screen】15.6" Full HD Touchscreen (1920 x 1080) Display
- 【Tech Specs】1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader, Wireless-AC Wi-Fi 5 + Bluetooth Combo, HDMI, Webcam, Touchscreen
- 【Operating System】Windows 10 Home-The Windows 10 Home operating system offers built-in security and app like Mail, Calendar, Photo, Microsoft Edge, and more to help keep you safe and productive (Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available)
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3i is a great laptop for those on a tight budget. It is a slim and portable laptop that is designed for durability.
It has a 15.6-inch display and is powered by the latest 11th generation Intel Dual-Core i3 processor. The laptop also comes with 12GB of memory and 512GB of storage.
It meets the system requirements for Cricut and is capable of running the Design Space software. However, it is not the fastest laptop, and battery life could be better.
– Processor: 11th generation Intel Dual-Core i3
– Memory: 12GB
– Storage: 512GB
– Display: 15.6-inch
– Connectivity: HDMI, 3 x USB, audio jack, Novo Button, SD card
– Operating system: Windows 10 Home in S mode (upgradeable to full version)
09. The Best All-Rounder Laptop – Lenovo IdeaPad 3:
- Powerhouse performance from AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD storage, and AMD Radeon 7 Graphics
- The IdeaPad 3 14-inch laptop has 4-side narrow bezels that let you see more of the FHD (1920 x 1080) screen for wider viewing angles and less clutter
- Quieter and cooler with intelligent thermals, plus you can calibrate performance with Q-control, with 3 modes to match your performance needs
- Protect your webcam lens and guarantee your privacy with the built-in privacy shutter
- WiFi 6 (2x2 802.11 ax) and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, plus USB, USB-C, and HDMI ports
Lenovo Ideapad 3 is a budget-friendly laptop that doesn’t compromise on performance.
It is equipped with a 10th generation Intel Core i5 processor and an Intel UHD Graphics G1 card, making it ideal for running Cricut Design Space and other software concurrently.
The 12GB of RAM should be more than enough for most users, and the 256GB of SSD storage ensures quick data access.
The 15.6-inch widescreen display provides a great view, while the Windows 10 operating system is easy to use.
This laptop also features Bluetooth, 720HD Mic, and Wi-Fi connectivity, so you can easily connect to the internet.
– CPU: Intel Core i5-1035G1
– Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics G1
– RAM: 12GB
– Storage: 256GB SSD
– Display: 15.6″ widescreen (1366×768)
– OS: Windows 10
– Connectivity: Bluetooth, 720HD Mic, Wi-Fi
– Weight: 4.07lbs
– Dimensions: 0.78″ thin
How To Pick The Best Laptop For Cricut Design Space – Buying Guide
When it comes to finding the best laptops for Cricut Design Space, there are a few key factors you need to keep in mind.
In this section, we will guide you through the process of choosing the right laptop for your needs.
The processor is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a laptop for Cricut Design Space.
If you only plan to use Cricut Design Space, a budget-level processor such as Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 will suffice.
However, if you also plan to use other design software, you will need a processor that can provide you with effortless performance and can handle future software updates.
In this case, we recommend choosing a processor such as Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 or better.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a laptop for Cricut Design Space is the amount of RAM.
Cricut Design Space requires 8 GB of RAM and recommends 16 GB for optimal performance. If you also plan to use other design software, we recommend choosing a laptop with 16 GB of RAM or more.
Storage is also an important factor to consider when choosing a laptop for Cricut Design Space. The amount of storage you need will depend on how much you plan to save on your hard drive.
Cricut Design Space saves designs locally on your computer, and you will also need to save images directly to your device.
Additionally, you might need to store heavy files such as videos and images on the laptop as they can be useful while designing.
So, we recommend choosing a laptop with at least 256 GB of SSD storage. If you are planning to work on a lot of larger files or if you will use your laptop for videos or save a lot of photos, consider choosing a laptop with 512 GB SSD storage.
However, if you are on a tight budget, you can choose a laptop with 128 GB SSD storage and get an external thumb drive or external SSD storage for about $25-$35.
The display is another important factor to consider when choosing a laptop for Cricut Design Space.
Cricut Design Space works best with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and recommends 24-inch or larger monitors.
If you also plan to use other design software, we recommend choosing a laptop with a resolution of at least 1920×1080 pixels and a screen size of 15 inches or more.
5. Battery Life:
Battery life should be kept in mind when choosing a laptop for Cricut Design Space. If you only plan to use Cricut Design Space, battery life of 4-5 hours will suffice.
However, if you also plan to use other design software or if you are constantly on the go, choose a laptop with 8 to 10-hour battery life.
6. Operating System:
When it comes to operating systems, Windows is the most popular choice among laptop users.
However, Cricut Design Space is also compatible with macOS and Linux. So, you can choose any operating system that you are comfortable with.
When choosing a laptop for Cricut Design Space, make sure that the device has all the necessary ports and connectivity options.
Cricut Design Space requires a USB port and an internet connection. If you also plan to use other design software, we recommend choosing a laptop with multiple USB ports, an HDMI port, an SD card reader, and an Ethernet port.
As a designer, you need to be able to work on your projects whenever and wherever inspiration strikes. That’s why having the best laptop for cricut design is essential.
With the right machine, you can take your productivity to new heights. So, whether you’re a student or a working professional, there’s sure to be a machine here that fits your needs.
We have shared a list of some of the best laptops for cricut designers with the specs and features of each laptop to help you decide which one is right for you.
Good Luck For Your Purchase!
- 9 Best Laptops For Cricut Design Space – Buying Guide 2022 - May 20, 2022
- 12 Best Laptops For Fusion 360 + Buying Guide - May 18, 2022
- 17 Best Laptops For Grad School With A Buying Guide - May 16, 2022