Are you a current or soon-to-be graduate student? If so, you know that having a good laptop is essential for success. Below are the best laptops for grad school.
As a graduate student, you will be using your laptop for a variety of tasks. These tasks can include writing papers, giving presentations, and conducting research.
17 Best Laptops For Grad School
Therefore, it is important to choose a laptop that is powerful enough to handle all of these activities.
In addition, you will also want to consider the portability of the laptop.
After all, you will likely be taking your laptop with you to class, the library, and other places on campus.
Let’s take a look at the best laptops for grad school:
1: Apple MacBook Air – Winner:
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
Apple Macbook Air is the best laptop for grad school.
It has a lot of features that are perfect for students such as the all-day battery life, powerful performance, and stunning display.
Its battery is said to last up to 18 hours, which is great for students who have long days or need to work on their laptops for a long time.
The Apple M chip also provides up to a three and a half times faster performance than the previous generation while using less power.
In addition, the MacBook Air comes with eight gigs of unified memory, making the entire system speedy and responsive.
The display is also 13 inches retina with images that come alive with realism.
The text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
The MacBook Air is compatible with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, and Google Drive. Plus, you can use your favorite iPhone and iPad apps directly on macOS.
It is easy to learn and set up and its intuitive design makes it perfect for students.
MacBook Air is also compatible with all of your existing apps and has a lot of apps that are perfect for students. It is also easy to learn and use.
The only downside to the Apple Macbook Air is the price tag. It is one of the more expensive laptops on the market.
However, it is worth the investment if you are looking for a laptop that will last you throughout grad school and beyond.
2: Apple MacBook Pro – Runner Up:
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
If you want to go for a cheaper alternative to Apple Macbook Air, then Apple Macbook Pro is the one for you.
It is one of the best laptops for students and professionals. It has a lot of features that make it perfect for online or offline use.
The laptop is also very lightweight, making it easy to carry around with you.
Its battery life is also incredible, lasting up to 20 hours on a single charge. The processor is also very powerful, making it perfect for demanding tasks.
Apple-designed M1 Chip is a powerful processor that can handle a lot of tasks quickly.
The laptop also has a very fast SSD storage, making it perfect for storing large files.
Its 8-core CPU and 16-core Neural Engine make it perfect for machine learning tasks.
3: Dell XPS 17 – Desktop Calibre Performance:
- Desktop-caliber creativity in a laptop:Packed with staggering performance typically only available from desktops, 10th Gen Intel Core processors bring desktop-caliber creativity to your laptop
- More creating, less waiting:GeForce RTX 2060 laptops are built with the breakthrough graphics performance of the award-winning GeForce GPUs. Dedicated GPU power accelerates the creative apps you use every day
- The XPS 17 delivers unprecedented performance in an incredibly thin form factor. discrete graphics feature unique dual opposite outlet fans, that increase fan airflow by approximately 30%
- Model number: XPS9700-9415SLV-PUS
Dell XPS 17 is one of the best laptops for grad school students.
It is packed with features that allow for desktop-caliber creativity, including a powerful Intel Core processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card.
Its 10th GEN Core processor and discrete graphics make it one of the thinnest and lightest laptops available.
It makes it perfect for students who need to take their laptops with them everywhere they go.
The Dell XPS 17 also features unique dual opposite outlet fans that help increase airflow by approximately 30%, keeping your laptop cool during even the most intense use.
Additionally, the XPS 17 has a large 17-inch display, making it perfect for working on long projects or papers.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card also makes it possible to do some light gaming on your laptop, in between classes or studies.
The laptop includes 32GB of DDR RAM and a spacious terabyte solid state drive, meaning you won’t have to worry about running out of storage space.
Finally, the XPS 17 is equipped with Windows Hello facial recognition software, making it quick and easy to log in to your laptop.
Dell XPS 17 is an excellent choice for any graduate student who needs a powerful and versatile laptop.
4: Dell Inspiron 3510 – Fast Processor:
- 【Dell Inspiron Laptop】16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 256GB PCIe NVME M.2 Solid State Drive for ample storage space.
- 【Processor】Intel Pentium Silver N5030 Processor (4 Core, 4 Threads, 4MB Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
- 【Display】15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display, Intel UHD Graphics with Shared Graphics Memory
- 【Tech Specs】802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth, 1 x SD Card Reader, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Wedge-shaped lock slot, 1 x Power, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x Headphone & Microphone Audio Jack
- 【Operating System】Windows 10 Home-The Windows 10 Home operating system offers built-in security and app like Mail, Calendar, Photo, Microsoft Edge, and more to help keep you safe and productive
Dell Inspiron is no doubt a great option if you are looking for a laptop for grad school.
It has a 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once.
Besides, the Intel Pentium Silver N5030 Processor (with a speed of up to 3.1 GHz is an added advantage) and UHD Graphics shared memory to make it a powerful machine.
The 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth support ensure fast and easy connectivity.
The multiple ports (including USB, HDMI, and SD card reader) provide enhanced functionality.
The laptop also has a 15.6-inch HD (1366×768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display which is perfect for students who want to use it for long hours.
The Windows operating system is easy to use and has a lot of features that can be very useful for students, like the Mail, Calendar, Photo, Microsoft Edge, etc.
The Dell Inspiron laptop is surely one of the best laptops available in the market for grad students.
5: ASUS VivoBook 15 – Great Visuals:
- 15.6 inch Full HD NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 83% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful Intel Core i3-1005G1 Processor 1.2 GHz (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 4GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and Windows 10 Home in S Mode
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard along with a fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Comprehensive connections including fingerprint sensor, USB 3.2 Type-A (Gen1), USB 3.2 Type-C (Gen1), USB 2.0, SD card reader, and HDMI
Asus Vivobook 15 has a very thin bezel which makes the laptop look sleek and modern.
It’s a great choice for students who are looking for an affordable, yet powerful laptop.
With its Intel Core i3-1005G1 processor, it can handle any task you throw at it with ease.
Its NanoEdge bezel display also makes for great visuals, and the fingerprint reader is a nice added security measure.
It also comes with a backlit keyboard which is perfect for working in low-light conditions.
Windows 10 Home in S Mode is also a great addition, and you even get a free upgrade to Windows 11 when it becomes available.
Its comprehensive connections including a fingerprint sensor, USB Type-A and Type-C ports, and an HDMI port make it a great all-around laptop.
The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a dedicated graphics card, but for most students, this won’t be a problem.
All in all, the Asus Vivobook 15 is a great choice for any student looking for an affordable yet powerful laptop.
6: ASUS ZenBook Duo 14 – Tilting Screenpad:
- Complimentary 3-month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription with the purchase. Learn more on ASUS website for more details
- Tilting ScreenPad Plus: 12.6 inch matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or split windows and apps on both displays
- 14 inch Full HD 400 nits NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Intel Evo Platform - The perfect combination of performance, responsiveness and battery life. Enjoy amazing performance with the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Experience vivid colors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. Stay productive with fast-charging, long-lasting battery.
- Intel Evo Platform with Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1195G7 Processor (Up to 4.8 GHz, with IPU, 12M Cache) and Windows 11 Home
Asus Zenbook Duo comes with a 14” full HD touchscreen display.
The tilting ScreenPad Plus gives you the option to extend your screen or split windows and apps on both displays.
It also has an Intel Evo Platform with the latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-11995G Processor (up to GHz, with IPU, 12M Cache) and Windows 11 Home.
The fast storage and memory feature a 512GB PCIe NVMe M.SSD with GB LPDDRX RAM.
The built-in IR camera gives you a facial recognition sign-in with Windows Hello.
It comes with 3 months of Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.
In short, the ASUS ZenBook Duo is a powerful and versatile laptop that is perfect for grad school.
7: ASUS ROG Strix G15 – Powerful Processor:
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 300Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
Asus ROG Strix G15 has some of the best specs for a laptop meant for grad school.
It has a powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen R5900HX, and 16GB DDR memory.
The 300Hz IPS Type FHD Display is great for students who need a laptop for both work and play.
The ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system ensures that your laptop will never overheat, even during the most intense gaming sessions.
This laptop also comes with a FREE upgrade to Windows 11, making it a great choice for students who need the latest and greatest operating system.
Moreover, the G15 is also one of the slimmest and lightest laptops in its class, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
No matter what your needs are, the Asus ROG Strix G15 is sure to meet them and then some.
8: HP Spectre x360 – Cutting Edge Design:
- Newly Launched HP Spectre x360 13T Cutting Edge GEM CUT Design - 10TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) four-way processing 1.30 GHz to 3.9 GHz with 8 MB SmartCache, high-efficiency performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT PRE INSTALLED BY HP, NEW Features - Web Cam Kill Switch, Mic Mute Key, Fingerprint reader
- UNMATCHED AUDIO PERFORMANCE with QUAD Bang & Olufsen speakers: The partnership between Bang & Olufsen and HP brings premium sound to your personal computing device. With HP Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, and custom tuning by the experts at Bang & Olufsen, entertainment comes to life with sound you can feel.
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 Combo. Security management Mic Mute key; Webcam kill switch, 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
- IMPRESSIVE HD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3" Full HD touch screen (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) for hands-on control and IPS technology for wide viewing angles. 13.3" diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with NBT, HP Active Stylus Pen, USB-C port, Thunderbolt support & SD card reader, HD IR Webcam
- 16GB SDRAM(ONBAORD), Bang & Olufsen Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, Fingerprint Reader, ALSO includes a Super Sleek, Super cool, 64GB ULTRA SLIM Tech Warehouse LLC USB Flash drive. A speedy little performer with a great look! Please see picture illustrations for more information
HP Spectre x360 has a lot to offer students. It is a powerful and fast laptop with a great design.
It has cutting edge GEM CUT design that is sure to turn heads. It is also equipped with a quad-core CPU.
Its Intel Boost Turbo technology makes it a speed demon. It also has Windows Pro 64 bit pre-installed by HP.
The audio quality is superb with Quad Bang & Olufsen speakers. And, the laptop has a great HD panel with active stylus pen and Thunderbolt support.
It has superior speed and networking. The security features are also top notch with a webcam kill switch and fingerprint reader.
In addition, it comes with 16GB of RAM and a 64GB ULTRA SLIM USB flash drive.
All of these features make the HP Spectre x360 one of the best laptops for grad school.
9: HP ZBook Firefly – Large Storage:
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core i7
- Processor Generation: 10th Gen
- Processor Model: i7-10610U
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
HP Zbook Firefly has a lot to offer for a mobile workstation.
It has an Intel Core i7 Processor, quad-core processing, and a 15″ IPS display.
The Zbook Firefly also has an impressive 32 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD.
This laptop is sure to keep up with any demand you have for it, whether for work or school.
10: HP Pavilion 15 – Powerful Processor:
- 15.6" Full HD IPS BrightView Micro-edge WLED-backlit Touchscreen (1920 x 1080) Display, Multi-touch Enabled
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 1.00GHz Quad-Core Processor (6MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 3.60GHz), Intel UHD Graphics
- 12GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer Up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge), 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader
- Built-in HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone, B&O PLAY with Dual Speakers, Backlit Keyboard, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 4.08 Pounds
HP Pavilion 15, no doubt, is one of the best laptops for Grad school.
The design and build quality are really good. The pavilion 15 is a solid and compact machine.
It has a beautiful 15.06-inch Full HD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit Touch Screen Display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
It is powered by a Quad Core Intel Core i58250U processor and comes with 12GB of DDR4600 SDRAM.
The storage is handled by a 512GB SSD and there is an Intel UHD Graphics card for graphics duties.
The audio quality is really good thanks to the Audio by B&O with dual speakers and HP Audio Boost.
The webcam is a HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone.
The connectivity options on the HP Pavilion 15 include Intel Wi-Fi 61ax and Bluetooth 51.
Overall, the HP Pavilion 15 is a great laptop for Grad school and it ticks all the right boxes.
11: LG Gram 17Z90N – Powerful Performance:
- 17” WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS LCD Screen
- Powered by 10th generation Intel Core i5-1035G7 CPU with Intel Iris Plus Graphics for performanc high-resolution content creation and editing
- 8GB RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 512GB NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 3 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
LG is known for making high-quality electronics, and the LG Gram 17Z90N is no exception.
This laptop is a great choice for grad students who need a powerful machine for content creation and editing.
The 17″ IPS LCD screen is perfect for high-resolution work, and the Intel Core i58GB RAM delivers great performance for memory-intensive tasks.
Plus, the 512GB NVMe SSD provides dependable storage that’s accessible in a flash.
The LG Gram 17Z90N also has a variety of ports for connecting to other devices, including two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt support, two USB-A ports, an HDMI port, and a microSD card reader.
You can also connect headphones or speakers to the audio jack.
If you’re looking for a high-quality laptop that can handle any task you throw at it, the LG Gram 17Z90N is a great choice.
12: Acer Aspire 5 – Large Screen:
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor delivers unmatched speed and intelligence, enabling impressive creating, productivity, and gaming experiences. With Turbo Boost Technology, get up to 4.1GHz for your high-demand applications
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and crisp colors on the 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge lifts the keyboard for comfortable typing, improved cooling, and a better sound experience
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
Acer Aspire 5 has always been a popular choice for students and graduates, and for good reason.
It’s a powerful machine that can handle any task you throw at it, from video editing to gaming, and it’s also very affordable.
The Acer Aspire E 15 is a great choice for students who need a laptop that can do it all.
It has a large 15-inch screen, making it great for browsing the web, working on essays, or watching movies.
Turbo boost technology allows the processor to speed up when needed, making it great for demanding tasks.
The laptop also comes with a number of security features, like protection against phishing and malicious software.
This is a great choice for students who want a laptop that’s both affordable and powerful.
13: Acer Swift 3 – Fast & Responsive:
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Octa-Core Processor with Radeon Graphics run your most demanding apps with lightning-fast responsiveness and hyper-efficient battery usage to keep you productive and entertained all day
- Very Visual: Immerse yourself in consistently rich and bright visuals on the 14" Full HD widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB display with 85.73% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Internal Specifications: 8GB LPDDR4X on-board memory; 512GB NVMe solid-state drive storage to store your files and media
- Windows Hello with Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Connections: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 5.2
No doubt, Acer Swift 3 is a great choice for grad school.
It is light, thin and its AMD Ryzen processor is powerful and responsive. The 14″ LED display is bright and clear with great color reproduction.
The visuals are impressive and the fingerprint reader adds an extra layer of security.
With Alexa built-in, you can easily ask questions and get hands-free assistance.
Acer’s Purified Voice technology makes it a great choice for online classes and conference calls.
The biometric fingerprint reader is also a great feature for security. Overall, the Acer Swift is a great choice for grad school.
14: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Powerful & Versatile:
- Next gen, best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- A more powerful pro — more than 2 times faster than surface pro 6, with a laptop class intel core processor and improved graphics
- More ways to connect, with both usb c and usb a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won't weigh you down — ultra slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life upto 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
Microsoft Surface Pro is versatile, powerful, and has a long battery life.
The Surface Pro also comes with a free upgrade to Windows 11. It’s lightweight and portable, yet still has the power and performance of a full-fledged laptop.
You can use the Surface Pro as a tablet, or attach the keyboard and use it like a traditional laptop.
The Surface Pro is also compatible with the Microsoft Pen, so you can take notes or draw directly on the screen.
The only downside of the Surface Pro is that it’s not cheap. But if you need a powerful and versatile laptop for grad school, the Surface Pro is a great option.
15: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon – Fast Processor:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-1165G7 (4C / 8T, 2.8 / 4.7GHz, 12MB)
- Graphics: Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics Display: 14" FHD IPS 400nits Anti-glare
- Memory: 16GB soldered memory; Storage: 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe x4 NVMe Opal2; Display: 14" IPS 1920 x 1200 (Full HD Plus)
- Dimensions:(WxDxH) 315 x 221.6 x 14.9 mm (12.4 x 8.72 x 0.59 inches)
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics Webcam with Microphone, Wifi-6 (Intel AX201 11ax), Bluetooth 5.1, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader USB-C, HDMI, USB 3.1,USB 4 Type-C with Thunderbolt 4
Lenovo is one of the most popular computer manufacturers and the ThinkPad X151 Carbon is one of their best laptops.
It’s perfect for grad school with its fast processor and large storage capacity.
The ThinkPad X151 Carbon has a fast Intel Core i7-1165G17 processor and comes with 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage.
The graphics are handled by an integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics card. The display is a 14″ FHD IPS 400nits Anti-glare display.
The ThinkPad X151 Carbon comes with a webcam, microphone, WiFi-64 (Intel AX201 11ax), Bluetooth 51, backlit keyboard, and fingerprint reader.
Overall, the Lenovo ThinkPad X151 Carbon is a great choice for a grad school laptop
16: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 – Fast Processor:
- Powerhouse performance from AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD storage, and AMD Radeon 7 Graphics
- The IdeaPad 3 14-inch laptop has 4-side narrow bezels that let you see more of the FHD (1920 x 1080) screen for wider viewing angles and less clutter
- Quieter and cooler with intelligent thermals, plus you can calibrate performance with Q-control, with 3 modes to match your performance needs
- WiFi 6 (2x2 802.11 ax) and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, plus USB, USB-C, and HDMI ports
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 has been one of the best-selling laptops in recent years.
It’s a simple, straightforward machine that does everything most people need a laptop to do.
The AMD Ryzen mobile processor is fast and efficient, and the 14-inch screen is plenty big for most tasks.
The bezels are very thin, which gives you more screen to work with. The keyboard is backlit and the battery life is excellent.
Its quieter and cooler operation is due to its intelligent thermals, and you can calibrate the performance with Q-control.
The only downside is that the trackpad could be better. Overall, the Lenovo IdeaPad is a great laptop for grad school and everyday use.
17: Lenovo Flex 5 – Large Touch Display:
- Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, this portable notebook computer has 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB NVMe SSD Storage
- Reduce the clutter - The Flex 5 14 touchscreen laptop has a narrow bezel on 4 sides for more viewing area and less clutter on the IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) display
- Designed to keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime with the ability to multi-mode, this Windows laptop has a 360⁰ hinge so you can use it in laptop mode for everyday computing, tent mode for sharing, stand mode for binge-watching your favorite streaming shows, or tablet mode for easy interaction
- A physical shutter on the webcam improves your privacy, allowing you to keep out unwanted attention
- Stay connected with integrated 2x2 WiFi 6 (802.11AX), Bluetooth 5, 2 USB-A ports, 1 USB-C with PD to support power charging, HDMI, a 4-in-1 card reader, and an audio jack
The Lenovo Flex 14 is a great choice for a laptop if you are a grad student. It has a large touch display and plenty of storage space with an AMD Ryzen processor.
You also get a three-month trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with purchase.
Its 360 degrees hinge makes it easy to use in different modes, like laptop mode, tent mode, and tablet mode.
Its webcam has a physical shutter for privacy, and the audio jack is a nice feature. The only downside is that it doesn’t have a backlit keyboard.
Buying Guide + What To Remember
To look for the best laptops for grad school, you can start by looking at the following specs:
The processor is the heart of the laptop. It is responsible for running all of the software on the device.
When choosing a processor, you will want to choose one that is powerful enough to handle all of your needs.
The two most common types of processors are Intel and AMD.
Both offer a variety of options that should be able to handle anything you throw at it.
2. Battery Life:
As a graduate student, you will likely be spending a lot of time on your laptop.
Therefore, it is important to choose a device with a long battery life.
You should be able to find a laptop that can last for at least six hours on a single charge.
If you plan on using your laptop for longer periods of time, you may want to consider investing in an extended battery.
Battery life is an important consideration when choosing any laptop, but it is especially important for graduate students.
The display is another important consideration when choosing a laptop for grad school. You will want to choose a laptop with a large display.
A larger display will make it easier to read and write papers. It will also be helpful when you are working on presentations.
In addition, you should choose a laptop with a high-resolution display. This will ensure that you can see everything clearly.
Picking the right laptop for graduate school can be tough. There are many different things to consider.
However, if you keep the three factors above in mind, you should be able to find the perfect device for your needs.
The best laptops for grad school are the ones that have the right mix of power, battery life, and display.
You will want to make sure that the device you choose has a powerful processor and a long-lasting battery.
In addition, you should look for a laptop with a large display and high resolution. With these things in mind, you should be able to find the perfect laptop for your needs.
- 9 Best Laptops For Cricut Design Space – Buying Guide 2022 - May 20, 2022
- 12 Best Laptops For Fusion 360 + Buying Guide - May 18, 2022
- 17 Best Laptops For Grad School With A Buying Guide - May 16, 2022